[dancer-users] Serving big static and private files

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Tue Mar 11 14:24:21 GMT 2014

Hi Russell,

that was a great pointer. I think I managed to set it up and now all
the videos hosted on the
Perl Maven site are being served directly by Nginx.

I'll write a blog post showing an example using Dancer later on, but
it would be great if you could
try to break the system :)

This video is free and should be downloadable by anyone:
http://perlmaven.com/media/videos/getting-started-with-perl-dancer-1280x720.mp4

This video, however:
http://perlmaven.com/media/pro/videos/beginner-perl/introduction/comments.ogv
should be only served to people who are Perl Maven Pro subscribers and
who are logged in.

Can you somehow trick the server into downloading that file?
Maybe by supplying  X-Accel-Redirect:  ?

regards
   Gabor