[dancer-users] "use Dancer2" interferes with package exports

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Sat Jan 25 08:40:43 GMT 2014

On 01/25/2014 05:56 AM, Warren Young wrote:
> On 1/24/2014 21:36, Warren Young wrote:
>>      debug "APPDIR: ", Dancer2::Config::setting('appdir'), "\n";
>
> I just figured out what I did wrong here.  First, I took the Cookbook at its word.  Then when I went looking for the code reference, I accidentally loaded up Dancer/Config.pm.  The Dancer2 Cookbook describes the Dancer 1 mechanism, not whatever has replaced it in Dancer 2.
>
> So, what is the correct way to retrieve config variables at run time within a route handler?  The Dancer2::Config docs don't say.  They only talk about *changing* settings.

Dancer(2)::Config isn't the place to look for Dancer's keywords (DSL). For Dancer2, please look at Dancer2::Manual::DSL.
To retrieve config variables you use:

config->{appdir}

Regards
            Racke

--
Perl and Dancer Development

Visit our Open Source conference on E-commerce:

http://www.ecommerce-innovation.com/