[dancer-users] Can I convert App::Notifier::Service from Dancer 1 to Dancer2?

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 11 22:21:31 GMT 2014

On 14-01-10 05:02 PM, Иван Бессарабов wrote:
> I'm a great fan ofhttp://semver.org/

Me too. :-)

> Have you ever considered using SemVer for version numbering of Dancer
> (and/or Dancer2)?

Yes, and no... The thought ran in the back of my head, but I arrived
late to the party, and the version pattern was already firmly
established for Dancer 1. And while I think there is value in a
semantic-based version, I didn't think that the added value, in this
case, would be worth upsetting the status quo.

> Maybe the usage of SemVer will simplify the work with changing API of
> the Dancer2?

It might be interesting to try. Of course, the cpan ecosystem does not
really do anything with the versions beyond "is X greater than y", but
it does provide more information and context to the changelogs.

Hmm... maybe something to bring on the table the next time Dancer devs
assemble in our secret base under the volcano. :-)

Joy,
`/anick