[dancer-users] perl-dancer-angular-seed, a Perl Dancer/AngularJS seed project

Sam Batschelet sbatschelet at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 14:32:30 GMT 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 9:10 AM, Jacques Lareau wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At work, I use Dancer extensively and find it awesome. I use AngularJS combined with Bootstrap/FontAwesome on the front end. I created this seed project to help in creating my application folder to kickstart projects easily. It also contains seed files for bower, npm, grunt and carton.
>
> I think having a seed project, and great doc, to use Dancer as a back end for AngularJS could help drive people to Dancer. People want to use AngularJS but don't really know what to use as a back end yet.
>
> https://github.com/jacqueslareau/perl-dancer-angular-seed
>
> This project is really new (not even version 0.0.1) and I'm looking for comments/suggestions or contributors.
>
> I also plan to use perlbrew/carton to manage perl and it's packages. Which leads me here:
>
> Can anybody offer insight on how to best implement perlbrew and carton with Dancer?

Jacques,
Take a look at our wiki on installing perlbrew here.

https://github.com/interchange/Interchange6/wiki/Install-with-Perlbrew

once you have perlbrew setup

$ cpanm install Carton

create a file in you base dir called cpanfile

add modules in this format.

requires 'DBD::mysql';
requires 'DBI';
requires 'DBIx::Class';

http://search.cpan.org/~miyagawa/Carton-v1.0.12/lib/Carton.pm

$carton install and you modules will go into local/

now you need to set you env and use #!/usr/bin/env perl

plenty of articles about using them but just a fyi maybe checkout plenv I have moved to it myself.

Have fun.

-Sam