[dancer-users] SimpleCRUD question

Rene Stoutjesdijk r.stoutjesdijk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 11:22:36 GMT 2014

Hi David,

today i did some tests and took an approach which is maybe a bit different
then you suggested.
Please see below:

i've added two keywords in my dancer app, see example below:

    basic_where => 1,
    basic_where_clause => " WHERE client.`client_name`LIKE'%%rene%%'",

the rule basic_where is used as a boolean identifier to specify or there's
a basic where clause which must always be used.
the second line identifies the where clause :)

in the SimpleCRUD.pm i've added a few lines of code starting at line
910/911 (just after you define the $query)
see snapshot below, the lines between rene start and rene stop have been
added :)

QUOTE

    my $query = "SELECT $col_list $add_actions FROM $table_name";
### rene start
    if ($args->{basic_where}) {
        $query .= $args->{basic_where_clause};
    }
### rene stop

    # If we have foreign key relationship info, we need to join on those
tables:
    if ($args->{foreign_keys}) {
        while (my ($col, $foreign_key) = each %{ $args->{foreign_keys} }) {
            my $ftable = $dbh->quote_identifier($foreign_key->{table});
            my $lkey   = $dbh->quote_identifier($col);
            my $rkey   = $dbh->quote_identifier($foreign_key->{key_column});

            # Identifiers quoted above, and $table_name quoted further up,
so
            # all safe to interpolate
            my $what_to_join = $ftable;
            my $join_reference = $ftable;
            if (my $alias = $fk_alias{$col}) {
                $what_to_join = " $ftable AS $alias ";
                $join_reference = $alias;
            }
            # If this join is not a left join, the list view only shows
rows where the
            # foreign key is defined and matching a row
            $query .= " LEFT JOIN $what_to_join ON $table_name.$lkey =
$join_reference.$rkey ";
        }
    }

    # If we have a query, we need to assemble a WHERE clause...
    if (params->{'q'}) {
        my ($column_data)
            = grep { lc $_->{COLUMN_NAME} eq lc params->{searchfield} }
            @{$columns};
        debug(
            "Searching on $column_data->{COLUMN_NAME} which is a "
            . "$column_data->{TYPE_NAME}"
        );

        if ($column_data) {
            my $search_value = params->{'q'};
            if (params->{searchtype} eq 'c') {
                $search_value = '%' . $search_value . '%';
            }
### rene start
        if ($args->{basic_where}) {
                $query
                    .= " AND $table_name."
                    . $dbh->quote_identifier(params->{searchfield})
                    . (params->{searchtype} eq 'c' ? 'LIKE' : '=')
                    . $dbh->quote($search_value);
            }
            else {
### rene stop
            $query
                .= " WHERE $table_name."
                . $dbh->quote_identifier(params->{searchfield})
                . (params->{searchtype} eq 'c' ? 'LIKE' : '=')
                . $dbh->quote($search_value);

### rene start
            }
### rene stop
            $html

UNQUOTE

I think this is helping me with the functionality for having a specific
where clause which i can set from within the dancer app.
I did some basic tests and it looks to be working fine, even no problem
with download and/or pagination. Even when having the query within the
webpage it is working as expected.
(didn't do any tests with joins or other db engines besides MySQL or ......)

Please let me know or this is working correctly according to you. And if
yes can this be somehow integrated within SimpleCRUD.

Thx in advance for your response and support

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Rene Stoutjesdijk <r.stoutjesdijk at gmail.com