[dancer-users] Serializer for Dancer2

Matthew Mallard matt at Q-Technologies.com.au
Sat Dec 20 05:44:16 GMT 2014

Hi,

I’ve been using serializer: "JSON" in my config.yml with no issues in Dancer2.  Today I updated Dancer2 to the latest and now the pages come out blank.  If I comment out the serializer line, things seem to return to normal (i.e. the pages render) - but my AJAX requests break.  I’m not sure exactly what the last version of Dancer2 I was using.  I also tested with the out of box app:
  dancer2 -a MyApp && cd MyApp
  plackup ./bin/app.pl -p 5000 -I lib
If I add the serializer line to the config.yml it breaks (i.e. nothing page), otherwise it works.

The error in the log file is (from my app):
[project::WebApp:85745] core @2014-12-20 15:14:16> Failed to serialize the request: hash- or arrayref expected (not a simple scalar, use allow_nonref to allow this) at /perf/perl/lib/perl5/JSON.pm line 154. in (eval 754) l. 2

Regards,
Matt