[dancer-users] Dancer2 0.150000 - Codename LoonyPandora

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Mon Aug 18 13:12:24 BST 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 13:53 +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> > Now, what about writing a session value from within a plugin?
> >
> >     $dsl->app->session('user_id', 5);
> >
> > gives "session is a read-only accessor"
> >

> ->session->write(user_id => 5);

Great, thanks, that works. Thanks for the quick replies.

> Why don't you extend Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible [1] with this very reasonable
> features? Less code to write and more people happy about your work.

I did think about extending an existing one, but there didn't seem to be
much out there to extend (for Dancer2). I looked at Auth::Tiny, and in
the end I decided it would be easier to write a new one based on that.

I didn't really look at the old Dancer modules as I'm using Dancer2
(although I probably should have done).

But yes, that makes does sense.

I've almost finished mine, which I need to use now, but I'd be keen to
integrate it into Extensible in due course. Maybe I can post the details
anyway, and you can advise on how easy it will be to integrate/extend.

Thanks,

Andy