[dancer-users] Dancer2 0.150000 - Codename LoonyPandora

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Mon Aug 18 11:59:40 BST 2014

On Sun, 2014-08-17 at 21:30 +0200, sawyer x wrote:
> yesterday we released the long-awaited version 0.150000 of Dancer2.

Great news, thank you.

> The biggest change in this release is the untangling and removal of the
> context object of Dancer2: Dancer2::Core::Context.
> This change introduces a possible problem for other plugins.

Given the removal, is there now a way to get params from within a
plugin?

Previously I was doing this:

    my $params = $dsl->app->context->request->params;

I've tried changing to this:

    my $params = $dsl->app->params;

But I get the error: Can't locate object method "params" via package
"Dancer2::Core::App"

Is there another way to retrieve params from directly within a module?

For info, I'm writing (yet another) authentication plugin. I'll send
details to this list once it's ready(ish).

Thanks,

Andy