[dancer-users] Using Dancer2 as a website framework

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 23:43:16 BST 2013

I've seen (and worked at) many companies that have PHP for the frontend.
They usually end up stuck with disgusting code that is very difficult to
play with since the language is deficient (that's me avoiding uses curses)
and the developers are usually not the best (which is what PHP usually
offers). As you put it, it's hard to switch. That's true.

That's why I'm saying you shouldn't go with the gut feeling of "there's a
lot of PHP devs out there, then working with it means I'll always be able
to hire", because that leads you to "omg we're stuck with shitty PHP and
shitty developers and now it's too hard to switch". Seen it too many times.

That's similar to people saying you can't find Perl developers. That's not
true. Perl developers exist, and they simply have no trouble finding a job
(a *good* job) and so they're less visible on the market. They usually
already have a job. :)

Gut feelings are not always true.