[dancer-users] Recommendations for NGINX + Dancer deployment, no Starman

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Fri Nov 1 13:33:15 GMT 2013

I might be mistaken, but as far as I understand nginx cannot run CGI scripts.
The only way to create dynamic pages with it is using an external process.
(FastCGI or Starman or ...)
Here is the link to the nginx wiki page:
http://wiki.nginx.org/Configuration lists

For some details:
The Perl TV http://perltv.org/ uses the configuration I described here:
http://perlmaven.com/getting-started-with-perl-dancer-on-digital-ocean
(Starman + nginx) and runs on a 512 Mb instance.

Both Starman and nginx run with 7 workers and if I understand this output:

$ free
Mem:        502980     483208      19772          0      10272     140072
-/+ buffers/cache:     332864     170116
Swap:            0          0          0

I could still increase those.

Gabor