[dancer-users] Dancer2 version of dancer script?

Brad Baxter bmb at mail.libs.uga.edu
Tue Mar 26 13:08:29 GMT 2013

 In the docs at https://metacpan.org/module/Dancer2::Manual, I see this:

Replace Dancer by Dancer2 in the application's code:

for f in $(find {lib,bin} -type f) ; do cat $f | sed -e
's/Dancer/Dancer2/g' > $f.2 && mv $f.2 $f; done

This changes Dancer to Dancer2 in lib/* and bin/*, but not in
public/*.  True, if I do what is suggested, I see what I expect with
an apace configuration that uses public/dispatch.cgi (while I'm
debugging), i.e., I see the dancer page in my browser.  But if I
change Dancer to Dancer2 in public/dispatch.cgi, then rather than
displaying the page in my browser, dispatch.cgi is apparently getting
set up to respond at localhost:3000.  So that leaves me with this
conundrum: In attempting to decide if I can reasonably use this module
in production, I first have to track down an apparent problem with the
suggested method of bootstrapping an application.  Or I have to wonder
if I have to use Dancer in some places and Dancer2 in other places in
the same app.  I don't really think that's true--just saying.

So that led me on a search for whether someone had developed a newer
bootstrapping method.

I'm happy to concede that I'm missing something obvious.

Regards,

Brad