[dancer-users] Dancer 2 talk in Cluj.pm meeting

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 13:16:56 GMT 2013

Hey everyone.

I was invited to come to Cluj.pm's monthly meeting in Romania on March 21st
and give a few talks.

One subject that kept coming up is Dancer. People are interested in it very
much, and with the release of Dancer 2*, they're getting anxious to know
more about it. For this reason I've decided to give a 20 minute talk on
Dancer (while focusing on Dancer 2). I will also be giving my lightning
talk of "CGI.PM MUST DIE", which you might be familiar with. You may be
interested in the talk descriptions:

Dance Dance (Perl) Revolution (20 min)
---
With the release of Dancer 2, one of the more refreshing and fun projects to
come out of the Perl community, I will be giving you a primer on a web
framework that is light, fast, fun, and stays out of your way!

If you've heard of Dancer, but haven't gotten around to using it, this talk
is
for you. If you haven't heard of Dancer, but are interested in web
programming,
this talk is for you. If you're just bored and have nothing else to do, this
talk is for you.

Be warned: this much awesomeness may cause loss of bladder control.

CGI MUST DIE! (5 min)
---
CGI is the devil and tonight we're all exorcists!

If you think CGI is innocent, you're in for a treat. We're gonna count the
ways
in which CGI makes our lives miserable and rejoice in other options, which
are
sane and reliable.

If you hate CGI as much as I do, you will surely have a good time. :)

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on points of focus in Dancer 2,
or with Dancer in general. What do you think is a great feature you think
others should know about? What awesome things did you do with Dancer that
you would share with others? Mainly, what excites you about Dancer (and
Dancer 2)? Any and all suggestions are very welcome.

Also, if you're able to come to the meeting, please do! I heard they're
very informal and a hell of a lot of fun.

Sawyer.

* Kudos to all involved in it. Amazing work!