[dancer-users] Plackup + Starman reloading issues

James Baer jamesfbaer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 18:45:39 GMT 2013

Hi all,
Not sure if I'm missing something but I recently wanted to try switching
from Apache to Nginx + Starman to serve a Dancer app.

I'm having an issue reloading Starman after I make changes to my code, in
that my changes are not picked up after I send a SIGHUP to the Starman
master.

I'm starting my app like so:
 plackup -E development -s Starman --workers=1 -p 3000 -a bin/app.pl -D

Then after I make some changes
I send a kill -1 or -HUP to the Starman master work pid.My changes are then
not being picked up by the new starman worker.

So far the only way I have been able to reload my changes is to manually
kill both master and all workers, then reissue the plackup command. I have
also tried using the plackup --Reload option, with no luck either.

I'm running Starman-0.3006.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any help.