[dancer-users] Useless error message

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Jun 3 20:10:57 BST 2013

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 20:01:43 +0100
gvim <gvimrc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2013 19:57, David Precious wrote:
>
> > I see nothing in the code above that could raise the error you are
> > seeing, so I suspect the problem lies within Astro::Register::run().
> >

> That's the problem. Astro::Register in turn uses other custom modules
> but Dancer doesn't seem to be able to reveal the details of the
> binding error. I would have to send you the code for the whole
> application, which isn't realistic.

Well, I've at least pointed at the likely cause.

You could try running your app under Carp::Always to make warn/die
provide stack traces, e.g.

  perl -MCarp::Always bin/app.pl

That might help.

Of course, it's not helpful if Dancer isn't giving you a stack trace
with show_errors on - I'll see if I can reproduce that.

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter