[dancer-users] Useless error message

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Jun 3 19:44:48 BST 2013

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 20:32:47 +0200
"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> On 06/03/2013 08:24 PM, gvim wrote:
> > I have a Dancer app with a registration form and a database.
> > Testing produces this error message:
> >
> > Cannot bind a reference

[...]
> > Nothing under Stack relates to the code I've written so all I have
> > to go on is "Cannot bind a reference". Not much detail there,
> > either.
> >

> I would help if you post your source code for your Dancer application.

This - without seeing the code, we're guessing.

However, a quick google for "Cannot bind a reference" suggests it's an
error you get from DBI when you mistakenly pass a reference as a bind
var when executing a query - so check what vars you're using (whether
you're using DBI directly, or using Dancer::Plugin:Database).

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter