[dancer-users] Trouble in uploading file

Curtis Jewell perl at csjewell.fastmail.us
Tue Jul 30 18:25:20 BST 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013, at 10:27, Fotis E. Psomopoulos wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am quite new to Dancer but I am really amazed on how few lines of code
> I have to write for the same functionality (still exploring though).
>
> However, I have hit the following issue: I am trying to upload a file
> using the following code:
>
> put '/upload/:file' =>  sub {
>      my $upload_dir = "MyApp/UPLOADS";
>      my $filename = params->{file};
>      my $uploadedFile = request->upload($filename);

Are you sure you don't mean

      my ($uploadedFile) = request->upload('file');

(because the uploads are keyed by the parameter name, not the filename -
but I could be wrong, I'm not very familiar with Dancer, myself.)

--
Curtis Jewell
csjewell at cpan.org           http://csjewell.dreamwidth.org/

"Your random numbers are not that random" -- perl-5.10.1.tar.gz/util.c

Strawberry Perl for Windows betas: http://strawberryperl.com/beta/