[dancer-users] Logging Issues

James Baer jamesfbaer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:23:01 GMT 2013

Hi All,
I'm having some logging issues, that I can't seem to figure out.
I have my environment set to development with the following logger settings:
logger: "file"
log: "core"

When I log a "debug" message I'm seeing this error in my main apache error
log: (even though I have a virtual host specific error log setup for this
app)

log directory /var/www/vhost/<appname>/bin/.. isn't writable/executable and
can't chmod it at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Dancer/Logger.pm line 16

According to the docs: "If you're using the file logging engine, a
directory appdir/logs will be created and will host one logfile per
environment."

Why is it saying "bin" isn't writable, when it should be looking for a
"logs" directory?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks