[dancer-users] Re : Re : Before Hook hit multiple times.

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Fri Jan 4 13:57:48 GMT 2013

> On 4 Jan 2013 13:21, "Damien Krotkine" <dkrotkine at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> And that brings up the fact that we should use a serious tool to handle
>> dancer 'use' options. Can we try an enhanced sub::exporter or similar?
>>
>> I doubt this is an exporter issue actually, but rather an
object-encapsulation problem, so I'm not sure opening a new work area about
Sub::Exporter is what we want. On top of introducing another core-dep,
we're going to diverge, I fear. I may be wrong, but that's my feeling.

The exporting of symbols done by the DSL role works pretty well, not sure
we want to spend energy on changing something that works.

The main deal here is to be able to tell Dancer to compose a set of
packages into one Dancer::Core::App object, for the caller. Or if we do it
like you say, from a sub-app to a parent app. And after thinking about it,
I don't think both ways are exclusive.

Once we have that, we should be in a very good position for implementing
the option David is speaking about:

  scope: single # the D1 way

Or

  scope: per_app # the current D2 way

Of course, there may be better names but you get the idea. I think we have
something there, combining all the comments in this thread.