[dancer-users] Dancer::Plugin::FlashMessage and Dancer2

damien krotkine dkrotkine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:46:49 GMT 2013

Hi again,

David Golden has written Dancer::Plugin::Deferred, which is a correct
implementation of the basic concept that is badly implemented in
Dancer::Plugin::FlashMessage.

So, I spent some time trying to do rewrite D::Plugin::FlashMessage to be
based on D::P::Deferred, but it's nearly impossible to do, as we cannot
inherit, consume, extend or monkey patch plugins from within an other
plugin.

So, for now, my suggestion is to use D::P::Deferred. It's a great plugin.
It doesn't have the same API than Flash, and you need to be careful when
creating links in your template, but at least it works with D2 and it's don
the right way.

In the mean time I'll try to make plugins more agile...

Hope that helps
Dams