[dancer-users] Dancer::Plugin::FlashMessage and Dancer2

Julio Fraire julio.fraire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:47:42 GMT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to port an application from Dancer1 to Dancer2, but I have not
been able to make FlashMessage work. I took the code from github, from the
branch topic/Dancer2 but several strange things happen when I include it.

For starters, the before_template_render hook does not appear in the debug
messages that show as the app initializes (with DANCER_CORE_DEBUG set) and
it is never run.

Most importantly, under some circumstances the app returns a new, fresh
session loosing whatever was in the old one (which remains in disk, but the
key is lost).

I put the simplest code in https://gist.github.com/4710740. Note that it
must be run with the topic/Dancer2 branch of FlashMessage. Try running
/logout without logging in; a second session appears.

Is this something that you can reproduce? Am I doing something wrong?

Not the least, thank you all for such hard work on Dancer and the whole
ecosystem. I use FlashMessage for the other little apps I've written and it
works very nice.

Julio Fraire