[dancer-users] Re: Using Dancer2 as a website framework

Greg Kempe gregkempe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 21:44:33 BST 2013

Hi Alfie,

We're essentially going this route by choosing option 2 so that we can use the right tool for the job (Perl in one case, Python in another) and hosting them together.

Thanks for the thoughts, good to have some agreement.

Greg

On 28 August 2013 at 10:58:42 PM, Alfie John (alfiej at opera.com) wrote:

Hi Greg,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013, at 08:21 PM, Greg Kempe wrote:
> We're exploring two options:
>
>  1. use Dancer to build the entire website
>  2. use Dancer to power a thin REST API around the library and use another framework (eg. in Python) to build the rich website experience.

Why not both? I would suggest something like nginx as a frontend which
passes the request up to your Dancer API, Python CGI, Ruby CGI, static
HTML files (generated from Perl, Python etc) etc. That way, it doesn't
matter what you write your front/backend in. It's configurable all the
way down.

Alfie

--
Alfie John