[dancer-users] Handling cookies on D2

Punter punter at punter.gr
Fri Apr 19 17:36:04 BST 2013

I believe the D2 maintainers should come clean and tell us whether in
the future cookies will be handled like this:

my  %stuff  =  cookie  "stuff"

...or like they are now, which is (if I recall correctly) similar to this:

my  $cookie  =  cookie  "stuff";
my  %stuff  =  $cookie  ?  $cookie->value  :  ();

Because if I'm making a website that has to work on D2 now, and I want
it to keep on working in the future, I have to keep in the back of my
mind that one day I will have to change my cookie-related code to keep
it compatible with D2. The maintainers shouldn't be letting us in the dark.

Below is the link to a pull request that changes (modernizes, is my
opinion) the way cookies are handled. Does this pull request interest
you enough so that I write some tests for it?

https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer2/pull/200