[Dancer-users] Dancer redirects add 'dispatch.cgi' to URL

Jashank Jeremy jashank at rulingia.com
Mon Sep 17 08:15:12 CEST 2012

G'day,

I've had this issue with Dancer for a while, now; I've mentioned it a few times on IRC, and I have no idea what triggers it.

I have Apache mod_rewrite, with the following rules:

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /dispatch.cgi/$1 [QSA,L]

This works fine, except if I do any redirects, such as

    any '/' => sub { return redirect '/home' };

For some reason that I can't understand, this redirects not to `/home` but to `/dispatch.cgi/home`.

I'm going to go on a journey of discovery shortly to have a look at how Dancer's `redirect` works, but before I do, has anyone else come across this problem and is there an obvious solution?

Cheers,

~j

--
Jashank Jeremy