[Dancer-users] how to remove preformated text

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 23:46:45 CEST 2012

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 21:41:55 +0000
Sigis Dagilis <sigidagi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've wrote in the module:

What module?  Your Dancer app?

> print $callback . '(' . $json . ');

If that's in a route handler, you want to return the content to be
passed to the user's browser, not print it.

> and I've got 'dancer'respond on a browser:
>
> somfunc({
>    "items" : [
>       "a",
>       "b",
>       "c",
>       "d"
>    ]
> }
> );HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Server: Perl Dancer 1.3099
>
> 1

That's.... weird.

Anyway, change your route handler to return the content instead of
calling print:

get '/foo' => sub {
    return "$callback($json);";
};

... and all should be well.

(The reason the response had a Content-Length of "1", and consisted of
just "1", was because your route handler was returning the result of
the print call as the response content.)

> just a begginer

Welcome to the Dancer community :)

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>