[Dancer-users] Using configuration files with other formats than YAML

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 14:22:27 BST 2012

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:23:22 +0300
"Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen that Dancer can use just YAML configuration files and no
> other formats like JSON, ini, Apache or others. Are there specific
> reasons for this limitation?
[...]
> The question is, wouldn't be better if Dancer would use Config::Any
> in core? It would be more flexible and Config::Any doesn't require
> other modules. Those modules will be installed only by those who need
> them.

Dancer2 does exactly that :)

I don't think it's worth adding in Dancer1, to be honest - we're
focussing on getting Dancer2 ready for primetime, and mostly avoiding
new features in Dancer1 now.

So, rest assured that Dancer2 will indeed support any config file that
Config::Any can support :)

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter