[Dancer-users] Dancer occasionally eats lots of memory

Konstantin A. Pustovalov lamoz at adriver.ru
Tue Oct 16 10:26:14 CEST 2012

Hello guys!

I have found that dancer's memory consumption is indeterminant.
I am writing RESTful statistics service. Have discovered that dancer can
consume lots more memory with one request than another with essentially
same POST body size.
Some tests: http://pastebin.com/yuy1ZKfn
The output: http://pastebin.com/YDHqLzQh

You can see that when I send ~12MB json string (~20MB hash in memory)
dancer can consume ~ 24MB when data is sent as nested hash or ~81MB
(4x!) when sent as-is.
Tranfering dozens of MBs of statistics is normal in my service, so it
can hit swap easily by clients mistake. What can I do to make dancer
behave predictably in memory consumption? May be I am doing something wrong?