[Dancer-users] forward() and prefix

Alessandro Ranellucci aar at cpan.org
Fri May 18 10:21:16 CEST 2012

Hello dancers,

it looks like forward() doesn't imply the application prefix.
This might even be a regression, but I'm not sure about this.

For example:

===
load_app 'Foo::Bar', prefix => '/foo';

package Foo::Bar;
use Dancer ':syntax';

get '/'    => sub { forward '/baz' };
get '/baz' => sub { "Hello world" };
===

Calls to /foo/ from outside are correctly routed to the first
handler, but then the forward fails because /baz is not
internally prepended with the application prefix.

A workaround is to add the prefix to the path supplied to
forward() explicitely but this violates encapsulation.

I think forward() should just prepend its first argument with
the current application prefix before trying to route the request.

Opinions? :)

- Alessandro