[Dancer-users] Logging and "info"

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Tue Mar 27 22:32:35 CEST 2012

Le 27 mars 2012 22:17, Ovid <curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com> a écrit :
> Everything everyone has said about lowering the info level makes sense. It just fails in my particular case :)

Hmm, I think you have the answer here: if it's correct in the geneic
case but not in the particular case you're facing, then the patch may
be wrong for Dancer's internal logger.

Maybe what you want to do is something else than "logging messages to
the core logger at the info level".

That being said, adding an "info" level to the logger (between debug
and warning) makes perfect sense.

> Specifically, I'm developing a rapid prototype of a real-time bidding system where I want to capture some information quickly. I only want to pay attention to it if there is a problem and then I'm happy to grep the logs.

Personnaly I would have used debug for that, or warning (or the
newborn info level). I don't see why it's a problem, but maybe I miss
something.

Also, for my apps, I never disable warnings or errors on production, I
clearly want to see them if there is any, so why not having the info
stuff? I think I'm missing something :)

Regards,