[Dancer-users] [Dancer 2]

damien krotkine dkrotkine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:34:19 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to have my Dancer Plugin FlashMessage work with Dancer2.

However, this plugin tries to installs a hook on before_template_render.
This doesn't work in Dancer2 because the 'hook' keyword does
: $self->app->add_hook(...), so it adds the hook on the app instance.
However this app instance only supports these hooks : qw/before after
before_request after_request/  (see Dancer::Core::App::supported_hooks ).

To be able to add a before_template_render, I should access to a template
instance that consumes the Dancer::Core::Role::Template role.

So, basically, the code of 'hook()' in Dancer::Core::DSL should call
add_hook on the app, it should find out which instance the hook should be
added to, and call add_hook on it.

Now that brings up some questions. An easy way would be that there is a
central point that lists all the possible hooks, and which instance (either
the app, or the template engine) ->add_hook should be called upon. But that
breaks the encapsulation (each role advertise which hooks it supports). And
bit heavy to me, and prevent the "load only when needed" practice.

So, any idea ?