[Dancer-users] automating the creation of routes

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:13:31 CET 2012

On Mar 7, 2012, at 10:59 AM, sawyer x wrote:

> Since it's all calls with subroutine references, you could implement this
> using loops and callbacks or closures.
>
> I generally think it's a bad idea. Over-engineering.

It does seem like over-engineering, and does smell of being a bad idea. However, the alternative seems just as bad. Write all the routes in the Dancer app.pm. Then, write all the routes and their parameters as rules for a validation engine.

And, finally, record all the routes and their metadata (parameters, who/what/why/how) so users can get meta information about the app -- what all does this app do? Since this is a kinda data-warehousing effort (I am sure I am misusing the term data-warehousing), it is important to somehow provide this information to the users.

--
Puneet Kishor