[Dancer-users] Dancer logging stringifies some data

Ovid curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 09:18:45 CEST 2012

> From: sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com>

>The simple fix was to drop the $bid from the info() and add a test to ensure that I have a NV instead of a PV.
>
>Out of interest, how did you perform that test?

Oh damn. I was afraid someone might ask that. Everyone who cares about testing, please turn away now :)

    use Devel::Peek 'Dump';
    use Capture::Tiny 'capture_stderr';

    like capture_stderr { Dump( $price ) }
      qr/^SV = [IN]V/, 'A valid bid request should have a numeric price';

Reini Urban suggested I use the B module and I might look to see if it's more robust.

Cheers,
Curtis
--
Live and work overseas - http://www.overseas-exile.com/