[Dancer-users] Using shared variables

Flavio Poletti polettix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:37:08 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Gurunandan Bhat <gbhat at pobox.com> wrote:

> Thanks Damien. I see now that vars is the best way to go.

I'm certainly not as aware of Dancer internals as Damien, but I would think
that this is not the way to go actually. It is my understanding that the
"vars" mechanism more or less boils down to what failed for you, and that
there is absolutely no effort to synchronize the vars across multiple
processes.

I think David got it right:

You should use the 'vars' keyword if you need to share stuff between a
> single request, and use sessions (or e.g. memcached) to maintain state
> between requests.

A shared data source - database, memcached, whatever - seems to be the
right choice to save your server-side state.

Cheers,

   Flavio.