[Dancer-users] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Dancer::Exception::Core::Request"

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 23:48:49 CET 2012

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:31:43 -0600
Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> I added a `debug` to my app and now I am getting the following with
> the latest version of Dancer
>
> Can't locate object method "new" via package
> "Dancer::Exception::Core::Request" (perhaps you forgot to load
> "Dancer::Exception::Core::Request"?)
> at /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.1/Dancer/Exception.pm line 64.
[...]
> Any idea why?

This is a bug, fixed in devel:

https://github.com/sukria/Dancer/commit/65e84b2d

We should have a new stable release out soon,containing this fix (and a
couple of others).

The bug is triggered by a couple of error conditions within
Dancer::Request, whereupon it tries to raise an exception of type
Dancer::Exception::Core::Request, but that type wasn't defined.

Sorry about that :)

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter