[dancer-users] Dancer::Plugin::Auth::Basic on Windows

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 26 17:44:22 GMT 2012

On 12/20/2012 3:00 AM, Michal Wojciechowski wrote:
> On 12/19/2012 04:58 PM, Jesse Thompson wrote:
>
>> I think that is has something to do with its use of Pod::Select.  I'll
>> reach out to the author(s).
>>
>> Anyway, it worked to install via --look, but I hate doing that since I
>> can't automate my installations.
>>
>> Good news is that my dancer app now passes all tests on Windows.
>
> Author here. I saw that you emailed me about this problem, I just didn't
> have time to look into it yet, but I will (although the thought of maybe
> having to run a Windows VM to test this is a bit horrifying).

Much appreciated if you manage to find the time.

I did reach out to the author of Pod::Select, since it seems that the
Windows compatibility issue resides there.  It may be that you need to
find an alternative to that dependency.

FWIW, here's the counter argument for Windows support (Brian gave this
lightning talk at YAPC::NA 2012, but I can't locate the video)
http://www.slideshare.net/bbqsauls/windows-counterargument

Jesse