[Dancer-users] perl dance multiple hosting @dotgeek

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:36:54 CEST 2012

Let me try and be more accurate and understandable.

There's a difference between "slow and horrible" and incorrect. You're not
doing anything incorrectly! :)
The set up you have with Plack::Handler::Apache2 is correct but not optimal
and has its disadvantages. If you can do it differently (such as having
persistency) it will be more worthwhile.

The deployment document was mostly written by the community and contains
practical information about situations people encountered, sometimes
without any ability to change it. Our most recommended set up is Varnish
<-> Nginx <-> Starman <-> Dancer. However, sometimes you're using Apache,
sometimes you don't have a reverse proxy, sometimes you don't have caching
up front, sometimes you can't run a Perl webserver (like Starman). These
are all limitations you might face, and the deployment procedure tries to
help you with that.