[Dancer-users] perl dance multiple hosting @dotgeek

gurugeek gurugeekphp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:13:30 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM, sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> An important question would be restarts, IMHO.
> Since you're doing this properly (PSGI, FastCGI, Starman, etc.), you'll
> have a service (fcgid, Starman, whatever) running all the time, you'll need
> to make it possible for the users to restart it.
>
> I am using  mod_perl Plack::Handler::Apache2 and not the starman reverse
proxy option. From my test it looks like the dancer application restarts
automatically e.g. you upload a new version and is refreshed.

With phusion (aka mod_ruby) restarts are needed but apparently not with
Plack::Handler::Apache2.  If you wish to test it just drop me a line and I
can open you a test environment or we can ask gordon how it works for his
space http://gordon.dotgeek.org
Best Regards
David