[Dancer-users] perl dance multiple hosting @dotgeek

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 23:20:47 CEST 2012

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:29:35 +0200
gurugeek <gurugeekphp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gordon has been kind enough to test the system and everything works
> fine apparently (http://gordon.2.ai)
> question: do dancer developers usually develop locally and can then
> drop their app in our free hosting via SFTP or is SSH access a must
> (I don't see how thou as other services just give git push to
> deploy)  just thought i would ask before running more tests :)

I generally expect SSH, but that's probably from years of using my
own servers; if I was a new developer, I might not need/expect that -
especially from a free service :)

As for deployment, if you can git push to it or similar, that's an easy
way to do it.

What about database control?  Do users get to connect to MySQL from
outside the service to e.g. set up their schema?

What about dependencies?  If a user wanted to use a CPAN module which
isn't installed, is there any process to install it locally (or request
that it be installed) or is it a case of "tough"?  (That would be fair
enough for free hosting :) )

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter