[Dancer-users] Yelp-ish app with Dancer

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:21:40 CEST 2012

On Apr 15, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Naveed Massjouni wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2012 10:24 AM, "Puneet Kishor" <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Apr 14, 2012, at 4:19 AM, sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> wondering if there is already a (preferably Dancer-based, or at least)
> Perl-based code base that I can build upon.
>>>

>>> Not that I know of, at least Perl or Dancer based.
>>>
>>> Still, this comic seems relevant:
>>> http://theoatmeal.com/comics/websites_stop
>>>

>> Very funny and relevant. even more funnily, turns out Yelp itself is
> written in Perl. Nevertheless, I do need to at least try and build
> something like this for a citizen science/outreach kinda experiment.
>>

> Very cool. Do you have a link about Yelp being built with Perl?
> -Naveed

Y'know, I may have to take back that comment. I am trying to locate the reference that gave me the impression that Yelp was written in Perl, but now I have found a few references that seem to suggest it is Python.

Nevertheless, sometimes wheels need reinventing. I can't really adapt Yelp for personal use, but do imagine that the concept can be useful as kind of a "recommendation and review" platform. In other words, an app that can be used for specific purposes, say, a "Yelp for flowers" or a "Yelp devoted to trees" and so on.

Search goes on.

--
Puneet Kishor