[Dancer-users] Plugin::Database failed on reconnect

damien krotkine dkrotkine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:45:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

I think there may be some other cases where we would hit this issue :

What if the user has a global data structure, and passes it to the
template in the tokens. It'll be passed as reference, and we'll be in
the same issue, the Escape plugin will change the original data.
Consider this pseudo example :

my $global_hash = { foo => "&bar" } ;

get 'some/route' => sub {  template ( {  global_hash => $global_hash } ) };

I know it's bad design to use a global variable like that, but you get
the idea :)

So, instead of cloning only the things Dancer purposely adds to the
tokens, meybe either :
- Dancer should clone the whole token hash (bad idea in my opinion,
you want to be able to pass a dbh or a coderef)
- Dancer escape plugin should take care of cloning the things he's changing
- Or at least we should document that in Dancer, and in the excape plugin

Any thought ? Or am I too picky  ? :)