[Dancer-users] a REST question immediately followed by a Dancer-implementation question

Dave Doyle dave.s.doyle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:36:34 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Mr. Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com>wrote:

> wow! this is awesome. Of course, it doesn't work for me as is, as all
> routes with params (essentially, all routes with `.:format` are ignored).
> But, it definitely is a great starting point.
>
> Looking at the source, it calls
>
>        for my $app ( Dancer::App->applications ) {
>                my $routes = $app->{registry}->{routes};
>
> This `Dancer::App->applications` array and the routes registry, obviously
> these are not publicly available methods, so it seems I have to delve into
> the innards of Dancer to modify/adapt these, no?
>
> I would expect so.  I tinkered with it a little bit without too much
success but I didn't really delve very deep into it. I was trying to figure
out as well how to attach some metadata to a route so I could say what keys
were needed but I hadn't figured that out.  I expect you can do a Dumper(
$app->{registry}->{routes} to really see what you're dealing with for each
app.