[Dancer-users] Deploying two dancer apps in same virtual host on apache

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Sep 5 11:37:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Alex Tang <altitude at funkware.com> wrote:
> I have two dancer apps (a front end UI, and a backend REST server) that i
> want to have deployed as separate dancer apps.  I'd like to do this using
> apache.  i can do it in any way under apache (i have the freedom to
> configure things most anyway i need).

If the JSONP recommendation from Mr. Puneet Kishor is not an option,
consider this alternative:

 * start both apps independently using one of the PSGI-compatible
servers. I recommend Starman or Twiggy if you are on a UNIX system;
 * configure you Apache as a reverse proxy, map the main UI app as /
and the REST API as /api.

That should solve your problem nicely. I use this all the time,
although I use nginx and not Apache.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo