[Dancer-users] Dancer::Session::CHI on github

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 11:08:41 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 26 October 2011 22:54:02 Richard Huxton wrote:
> https://github.com/richardhuxton/perl-dancer-session-chi
>
> Don't be frightened by the low version number - there's only a dozen
> lines of code or so.
>
> I'll try and find the time to sort out a CPAN upload too.

Nice one - another valuable addition to the growing Dancer ecosystem.

I do wonder, though, whether it should work with Dancer::Plugin::Cache::CHI
though, to avoid the need to keep creating CHI objects, and the need to
provide two sets of CHI configuration.

I would imagine that, if an app is using CHI to hold sessions, they are fairly
likely to also use it for caching stuff, so having to configure both
D::P::Plugin::Cache::CHI and D::S::CHI with the same set of details would be a
little tiresome.

What do you think?

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)