[Dancer-users] messed up routes

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:36:25 CEST 2011

On Oct 19, 2011, at 11:46 PM, Matthew Vickers wrote:

> On 20/10/11 2:51 PM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:
>> Suggestions? I am serving about 10 or 12 different apps using Starman proxied behind Apache2, if that is any help.
>>
> Hi Puneet,
>
> Have you tried setting the layout in the template call ?

> template 'video_mov', \%template_opts, { layout =>  'main_video' };

> template 'presentation_slides', \%template_opts, { layout =>  layout 'main_presentation' };

hmmmm... so you are implying that perhaps having a separate `layout 'main_presentation'` is not enough? Or, are you implying that even though I have `layout 'main_presentation'` in the presentation route, and `layout 'main_video'` in the video route, perhaps I am seeing these problems because I don't have `layout 'main'` in my regular route?

In any case, I have changed my code per your instructions above. Will check and report to see if the problem has gone away. Well, since the problem was seeming random, I can't ever check the absence of the problem. But, I will report back if the problem comes back.

Many thanks Matthew. Hoping this works. I've a lot riding on Dancer.

Actually, at some point I will like to submit my apps to the Dancer gallery of apps. Most of them are scientific data serving apps with RESTful data services, and Dancer is getting a full workout. Would be a good testament.

Puneet.