[Dancer-users] more random bugs

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:06:37 CEST 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:52:06PM -0500, Puneet Kishor wrote:
>> random, in other words, not easy to reproduce.
>>
>> I have
>>
>> 	get '/present/:page_name' => sub { .. };
>>
>> followed by
>>
>> 	get '/*?' => sub { .. };
>>
>> Yet, from time to time, a regular web page, meant to be picked up the second route above, gets picked up by the first route, thereby sending the wrong html template.
>>
>> As I said, I can't reliably reproduce it, but from time to time, when I load my web site at
>>
>> 	http://punkish.org/The-Paradigm,-The-Framework,-and-The-Instantiation
>>
>> (notice, no "present" in the path_info), I get the wrong template.
>>
>> Please, please... my favorite Perl-thing, please don't turn buggy on me. I have close to a dozen apps riding on this, and I want it to be rock-solid-reliable.
>
> Hi,
>
> When I successively reload this link, it alternates
> not-quite regularly between a white-characters-on-black
> background, and dark-characters-on-white
> template.
>
> Reloading in succession, each format displays between
> one and three times.
>
> Every time I reload, the displayed photo changes.
>
> What I (naively) wonder is if you might be inadvertently
> retaining some state information.
>
> Maybe you've fixed it, because at the end of writing
> this email, the templating is stable.

Hi Joel, Many thanks for checking it out and confirming my fears.

I haven't fixed anything. It is just random. The white characters on black background is "wrong" as it should appear only when /present/ is present in the route. That URI I gave above should always, 100% of the time, show black characters on white background. Yes, the photo should change as that is randomly selected.

This is very disconcerting.

Puneet.