[Dancer-users] dancer2's prototype is there, feedback needed

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 21:43:28 CEST 2011

On Monday 03 October 2011 17:30:37 Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> > Changing the template engine to "template_toolkit" simply changes the
error message to:
> Yeah, the syntax changed, you should do the following in your config:
>
> template: "toolkit"

I'm not sure I really like the change from Dancer::Template::TemplateToolkit
to Dancer::Template::Toolkit; the logical layout is a module under the
Dancer::Template namespace named after the templating engine it uses, i.e.
"Dancer::Template::EngineName" - e.g. Dancer::Template::TemplateToolkit,
Dancer::Template::HTMLTemplate, etc.  Using just "toolkit" seems a bit wrong
to me - what do you think?

It also seems a bit pointless lowercasing the engine name - we could just make
it so the engine name you provide is whatever you see after Dancer::Template::
with no translation at all - so TemplateToolkit is
Dancer::Template::TemplateToolkit, HTMLTemplate is
Dancer::Template::HTMLTemplate, etc etc.

What do you think?

It just seems a little unintutive to me otherwise, and pretty much everything
about Dancer to date has seemed pretty intuitive to me (it works pretty much
as I'd expect it to, to the point where I can write a big load of code without
consulting docs, and it'll Just Work :) )

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)