[Dancer-users] dancer2's prototype is there, feedback needed

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Sun Oct 2 09:42:25 CEST 2011

2011/10/2 Naveed Massjouni <naveedm9 at gmail.com>:
> This is exciting news. What people love about Dancer is its DSL
> syntax, in other words, its interface. I hope you try to keep the
> interface compatible as possible. Refactoring the implementation to be
> more maintainable etc. is great.
> -Naveed

It's the idea:

* DSL 100% compatible with 1.X (given that anything deprecated in 1
will disappear in 2)
* 100% compatible with Plugins
* configuration file syntax may change (and it will)
* core engines config may change (TT will use [% as default tags for instance)

Of course this is a target, and as I'm rewtiting everything, chances
are that there will be breakages. To make the transition as smooth as
possible though, I plan to provide a "glue" module which would be used
like "Dancer::Compatibility version => 2".
This module would do anythig it can to make an old Dancer1 application
works under 2.

This is an idea, we'll see when I'll be there ;)