[Dancer-users] dancerctl - need feedback

Nick Knutov mail at knutov.com
Thu Nov 24 13:55:40 CET 2011

Integration dancerctl into the Dancer core is good idea, I was always
wondered why `dancer -a` exists while `dancer start` don't.

The technical side is more complex, at least I need separate repository
for the first time to finish adaptation to our shared hosting (and I'm
not good with git - it's my first time, I always used svn before).

The first idea is just call dancertctl from dancer (something like
`dancer start` calls `dancerctl start`) - this allows visually integrate
them now while code will remain separate.

Also it's will be good to mention this script on main site and
documentation, dancerctl way to run and control app is much easier then
all other ways known to me. This should be good for new to Dancer users.

24.11.2011 18:19, sawyer x пишет:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Nick Knutov <mail at knutov.com
> <mailto:mail at knutov.com>> wrote:
>
>     The main question - is it ok to use
>     /etc/dancer.conf
>     ~/.dancer
>     ~/.dancer/
>     as default config files? Or may be better to change their names?
>

> It would be hard for me to officially say yes. Perhaps if we could
> integrate dancerctl into the Dancer core, this would make it more
> possible. What do you think?
>
> I imagine that meanwhile you could unofficially use it, and perhaps in
> the future we'll need .dancer and ask you to change it to something else
> like .dancerapps, or .dancerctl, or whatever. At the moment it seems
> unlikely we would use .dancer.
>
> What do you think?

Best Regards,
Nick Knutov