[Dancer-users] Advent Calendar time again!

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 15:29:43 CET 2011

Hi all,

It's about time we started preparing for the 2011 advent calendar - I think we
should do it again this year as it was successful last year and drew a lot of
valuable attention to the project.

We still have the app from last year, and luckily we built it to support
multiple years nicely enough, so this year all we need to do is write the
articles (although, to be fair, that's the harder and more time-consuming
part! :) )

I've renamed the repository from advent-calendar-2010 to just advent-calendar
- you can find it at:

https://github.com/PerlDancer/advent-calendar

For anyone who didn't see last year's advent calendar, it's at:

http://advent.perldancer.org/2010

I've added some article ideas to the README in the repo; additional ideas and
volunteers to write would be very gratefully appreciated!

Submissions can be made as pull requests, mails to the list or to me
personally; I'm happy to help curate the work towards this in order to get it
sorted in time for the 1st December.

I think, among other interesting posts, we should be able to manage a few
posts on what Dancer2 is going to bring, and decision decisions etc.

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)