[Dancer-users] config.yml YAML tabs vs spaces

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Sun Nov 13 18:47:24 CET 2011

Well, aren't we trying to overkill things there?

Dancer is a web application framework, it may have downsides, but
clearly, if there is something to say about it, it's that it's
dead-simple to use.

If you feed it with an invalid YAML file, well, the parsing will fail,
and the error message will come directly from the parser, not from
Dancer itself.

Many options already exist to avoid this:

- you can set your settings in a perl script included in your app (using 'set').
- you can bootstrap an application with "dancer -a" and you'll get a
working config.yml file
- if you build a config.yml file by hand, you're supposed to know at
least how to do it, so maybe experimenting with YAML first could be a
good idea

I don't think Dancer should do more than that regarding YAML files...