[Dancer-users] run in production on shared hosting

Nick Knutov mail at knutov.com
Fri Nov 11 21:48:40 CET 2011

Hello,

what is the best way to run (a lot of) Dancer apps in production on
shared hosting now?

I'm the owner and main developer at small hosting company and want to
create the environment that allows a lot of users to quick run a lot of
Dancer apps.

I read Dancer::Deployment but didn't decide anything - Ubic and
daemontools don't looks good way (and Ubic at least requires access to
/etc), CGI is slow.
As for now I do manually something like

plackup -E production -s Starman --workers=4 -l
/home/$user/tmp/$app.sock -a bin/app.pl  &

(and I use nginx before app) but it is not easy to start/stop and
monitor such apps.

--
Best Regards,
Nick Knutov